Monday, April 2, 2012

Works In Progress- Here I Go Again

Have you noticed alot of messages and blogs encouraging us to finish projects? Maybe I am just getting a bit paranoid.

Our guild, Cal-co Quilter's Guild www.turkey-tracks.org, is having a UFO Challenge. For each unfinished project a quilter completes this year (must have been started prior to 2011), there name goes in for a drawing which will be at our December guild meeting. There will be 6 winners of $25 gift certificates each to the quilt shop of their choice.

Now if there were a prize for the most projects started I would win it hands down.... pun intended. Here are just 2 more I have started recently. Hand applique of course which takes considerably more time to finish. But who is in a hurry...not me.

Here is a quilt by designers Barb Adam and Alma Allen from their new book, Weekend. This is a queensize quilt with 26 inch blocks. I am doing mine is pinks in browns.

 
Here are my fabrics and the first block half done. The pinks are looking much brighter in the picture than they actually are. Very civil war era-ish fabrics.



1 comment: