Sunday, November 11, 2012

Quilt with Ombre fabric

When Quilts at the Marshall House got in a selection of ombre fabrics complete with a downloadable pattern I thought it would make the perfect high school graduation quilt for my nephew. Blue is his color and this quilt has about every shade. The picture is showing the lighter blues almost white in the pic but there is no white at all.

I did the first border in fabric with baseballs and baseball mitts...only one of the sports my nephew plays. The backing is a flannel with browns and creams that go very nicely with the "out of place" inner border. Now just to get it quilted and bound after it spends some time for show at the quilt shop.



1 comment:

  1. Gail, I'm putting together a new lecture titled The Value of Value about using value to create pattern in quilts. I'd love to include one or two slides of your use of ombre fabrics in quilts, with your permission of course. Please e-mail me off-blog at n2quilting@yahoo.com You can visit my website at http://elsiemcampbell.com if you are interested in seeing some of my work. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete